The Eightfold Path to Untangling Your Baggage
In this episode I talk with Sensei Koshin Paley Ellison, an author, Zen teacher, and Jungian psychotherapist who has devoted his life to the study and application of psychotherapy and Buddhism.
In our conversation, we discuss Koshin's latest book, Untangled: Walking The Eightfold Path to Clarity, Courage, and Compassion. Among many other things, we talk about:
* The needy Cookie Monster in him, myself, and maybe many of you.
* The power of perspective in helping you to recognize when your old stories resurface.
* The 3 kinds of minds: Grandmotherly Mind, Great Mind, and Joyful Mind.
* Self-clinging as a deep form of stealing.
* And how everything, everywhere is a "place of practice."
I was thrilled to have this conversation with Koshin. Keep listening and you'll know why … you can actually hear the twinkle in his eyes and his beaming smile.
Here are some great episodes to start with.