Using Japanese Psychology to Find Something to Hold On To
We're currently faced with a global pandemic, which reminds us how uncertain life really is. So what do we do? How do we cope? Join me in conversation with Gregg Krech, who uses the concepts of acceptance—active acceptance—to understand how we can't take effective action until we've accepted the reality of the situation we're in.
Gregg talks about how a large portion of the population has not accepted the situation and others whose impatience pushes them to make bad decisions. Is there another way? We talk about 6 action steps we can take to reach deep within ourselves to find capabilities that may have been sleeping for a long time.
- Waking up to our faith or true entrusting
- Working with our attention
- Sharpening our skills of reflecting on ourselves
- Recognizing the blessings that we encounter throughout the day
- Act constructively and compassionately in the face of fear
- Find something purposeful and meaningful to live for each day
Books by Gregg Krech: